Waterproofing Contractors Melbourne
If you are looking for waterproofing contractors in Melbourne, then contact us with your queries.
Ignoring the waterproofing problem will certainly affect the longevity of your bathroom. It may also pose a minor annoyance to users’ health. Call us, one of the experienced waterproofing contractors in Melbourne, to solve the problem quickly.
What is waterproofing?
Waterproofing prevents water from penetrating your bathroom. A waterproofing barrier around the walls and floors protects them from moisture.
Why is waterproofing important?
- Leaking taps and showers make your bathroom uncomfortable to use. It can cause damage to the walls, ceilings and floor.
- While the water on tiles and grout dry up, the water trapped beneath the floor won’t. It will seep through the walls and ceilings, causing structural damage to your bathroom and home.
- Bathroom waterproofing will add to the value of your property. Buyers will be willing to pay more for a home or commercial building with good waterproofing.
- Mold and mildew from poor waterproofing can cause itchy eyes or skin, wheezing, or a stuffy nose in people who are sensitive to them.
How do you know you have bad waterproofing?
Watch out for these signs of insufficient waterproofing:
- Water drips under the shower
- Water seeps through the grout
- Water seeps around the wall and floor
- Mold and mildew on floors and inside walls
- Tiles move or squelch when you stand on them
What is the reason for bad waterproofing?
Bad waterproofing is often due to improper installation of the waterproofing membrane. Waterproofing should be done by a licensed waterproofer in accordance with Australian standards.
Bathroom waterproofing must adhere to the Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards AS 3740-2010. A waterproofing specialist in Melbourne will be familiar with applicable standards. It’s also useful for home and building owners to learn about the minimum requirements for waterproofing. If you want to exceed the minimum requirements, you can let your contractor know and protect your property effectively against water damage.
Below are some requirements for waterproofing according to Australian standards:
- The floor of a bathroom on the second storey or higher must be waterproofed.
- Shower walls need to be be waterproofed up to at least 1800mm.
- The bathroom walls must be waterproofed up to 150mm.
- Hob onto bathroom floor should be waterproofed up to 100mm.
What to do when your bathroom has bad waterproofing?
Installing waterproofing to Australian standards is the only solution. If your bathroom has leaking floors or walls, it’s best to carry out a full bathroom renovation.
What are the costs of getting your bathroom waterproofed?
The size of your bathroom and it’s type (e.g. wet room) will determine the cost of waterproofing the space. Our affordable waterproofing services in Melbourne do their bit to help you keep costs down.
How can Spotless Trades help?
We’re counted among the best waterproofing contractors in Melbourne. Our professional waterproofers use the highest quality materials and guarantee the work they do. We have a solid track record of completing projects on time, on budget.
A family-owned business, Spotless Trades operates with honesty and transparency. For more information on addressing bad waterproofing or preventing water damage, don’t hesitate to contact us.