11 Mar Epoxy Floor Coating: Everything You Need To Know
Redefine the look of your industrial floor by getting it epoxy coated. A great way to make your space look visually stunning and cheap! In this blog, we will cover a few reasons why we love epoxy flooring, where its limitations lie and what we at Spotless Trades can do to help bring your restoration dreams to reality!
But what exactly is epoxy flooring?
It is a stylish flooring technique that allows you to cover the entirety of your floor with a resin-based mix. This hardens over the days after application and has a plastic-like, glossy finish. With the right color, you can really brighten up any space or room with this kind of finish.
The kind of floor is made up of a combination of resins. Once these are mixed, they have to be immediately applied as they harden very quickly. Based on the kind of resin used, it affects its characteristics such as:
- Resistance to chemicals
- Resistance to shock
This type of coating is generally used for commercial and industrial surfaces but can be used for home space such as the garage and storage spaces. The anti-skid quality of the flooring is highly useful in such spaces. The slip-resistant quality is high and can take high heat and is fire safe. The applications can be in places such as:
- Kitchens/breweries/commercial cooking spaces
- Loading/stock rooms
- Schools/Locker rooms
- Fire Stations
The other benefits of an epoxy flooring include:
- Crack proof
- Resistant to humidity and water
- Compliments cement and concrete surfaces
Honestly, the benefits are endless! But we have compiled a list of reasons as to why you should choose epoxy flooring for your space. It is important to highlight why this might be the best choice for you when you are looking for flooring options:
- It is a novel way to cover up cracks and spots on your floors. This is probably the neatest way to ensure that you will be able to get rid of any unsightly spots on your floors to ensure that you don’t have to worry about anyone getting hurt.
- It is a great way to make your space look good and not break the bank! The materials are extremely low cost (and our services are just as cost-effective!). If you’re looking for change on a budget, you can use this great option.
- Non-slip surfaces to ensure your safety. These floors are extremely safe especially in spill-prone areas like garages, laboratories, etc. In addition, the heavy-duty nature of the coating will allow it to sustain any nasty spills and chemicals that come by its surface. If you drop any heavy items on it too, it manages to stay fresh and can be easily taken care of. It is equally resistant to heat and any toxic materials that may try to corrode the surface.
- Long term protection of your surface and flooring that helps prevent constant wear and tear of your floor. The layer of epoxy sticks to the concrete which allows it to act as an extra layer between the base and anything that might damage the surface.
- It is a surface that is so easy to maintain. You can always mop it right up instead of having to worry about how to get the marks off. It is stain proof as well. The thick epoxy coating helps products from seeping through the surface and ruining the floor.
Our installation prices are extremely reasonable for the return you will be getting on this surface. Epoxy flooring is the gift that keeps on giving. And we have multiple service locations available so if you’re close to any of these areas, Spotless Trades has you covered:
As another great positive if epoxy flooring, it is environmentally friendly. The methods used by the process is a completely sustainable one. It is important to make sure you can do as much as you can for the environment while getting your construction projects done.
While we are looking at the positives, it is important to look at the limitations of epoxy flooring to fully understand the perspectives of having these kinds of floors.
- Since the floor is completely hard, it generally creates a lot of noise when walking on it. In the case of using it in a place that needs more quiet, like an office or a home, a flexible type of epoxy flooring
- It does not offer a lot of insulation and most of the time is cold
- If there are inconsistencies in the floor, it will be mirrored in the epoxy flooring. This is why you need to make sure your floor is even and fixed before you put the coating on
When it comes to getting epoxy done, Spotless Trades can offer excellent rates for the application on your flooring. Our services are timely and quick. Our team has worked on many projects over the years and provide the best highest quality service for any task at hand.
We work with any scale of remodeling required for your space.
Spotless Trades is a family-run company that works hard to ensure that our customers are happy. We take in any kind of requirements and offer tailor-made solutions for any problem you might have.
Get premium quality services for low costs at Spotless Trades! We consider ourselves a one-stop-shop for anything relating to home renovation.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Epoxy floor application
- Tile installing for floors and walls
- Plastic Render Repairs
- Repairing concrete surfaces
- Bathroom remodeling
We offer online quotes so you can get an estimate as to how much your dream project will cost. You can drop us a line here to get started on it. If you have any queries regarding how we build our costing and what services will be covered in it, you can reach out to us directly or put it in the quote query. Our contact details are 0426204090 on the phone and firstname.lastname@example.org for our email.